Turkey cat food recipe! The holidays are here, and it’s time to dust off your cookbook collection. But don’t worry if you’re not a seasoned culinary artiste – we’ve got a recipe for turkey cat food that will make even the most novice of chefs feel like they can conquer any dish. It also makes a great gift for any feline friends!
Turkey is a great protein source for your cat. One of the best ways to include it in their diet is by making it into cat food. This recipe will show you how to make turkey cat food that tastes like Thanksgiving dinner!
Table of Contents
What is Turkey cat food?
Turkey cat food is food that you make your cat out of turkey meat. It can be homemade or bought from a store, but it’s mostly just regular foods blended into a slurry and then put in a container to cool down into a gel before being fed to your cat.
How To Prepare Turkey cat food recipe?
Check out the ingredients below. They are enough to make about 6-7 pounds of cat food.
- 1 lb of ground turkey
- 2/3 cup of chicken broth (or any other type of broth)
- 5 tablespoons of rice flour
- 2 teaspoons of fresh parsley, finely chopped.
1. Mix the turkey and chicken broth in a medium bowl until combined. Make sure it is evenly blended, but do not over mix as this will make it tough.
2. Add the rice flour and mix until combined.
3. Refrigerate for about an hour or until you are ready to cook it. You can also freeze it before cooking (defrost it overnight in the refrigerator)
Baking And Cooking Directions
1. preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray and spread the turkey mixture evenly over it. The ground turkey will be in a big flat loaf, and all you need to do is cut off chunks as if they were bread dough. When you’re done making little loaves of turkey cat food, it should look like ground-up meat cookies.
3. Bake for about 45 minutes until the cat food loaf is cooked through and browned nicely on top.
4. Take them out of the oven and allow them to cool before you cut them into chunks or slices, depending on how big you made them.
5. Either serve immediately or store in your refrigerator for up to 3 days or freezer for up to 3 months.
Cooked cat food can be stored in your refrigerator for at least three days and as long as a week. Make sure you keep it covered and don’t leave it out at room temperature for an extended period of time because that is where bacteria can develop and cause your kitty to get sick.
Also Read: Cat Food Gravy Recipe! 7 Easy Recipe
What temperature is safe to serve cooked turkey cat food?
The USDA states that all poultry products should be cooked to 165 degrees Fahrenheit for them to be considered safe to eat. This will kill any harmful bacteria and make sure you are serving a great product.
Otherwise, use a meat thermometer to check if the turkey has reached the correct temperature throughout, and if not, pop it back in the oven for a little longer.
Gravy Lovers Turkey Feast in Roasted Turkey Flavor Gravy
How can you make turkey cat food taste better?
If your cat doesn’t seem to be going crazy over this recipe, here are a few ways to make it more delicious:
◉ Mix some wet food into the cat food loaf before you bake it. This will give the cat food a different texture that may be more interesting to your kitty and also gives them some moisture which is necessary for cats
◉ Add some water to the cat food mixture before you put it in the oven. The rice flour should soak up most of the moisture during baking, but if there isn’t enough, it will be a dry and flaky texture which many cats don’t like.
◉ Add canned or fresh vegetables to the recipe, such as carrots, green beans, or peas, for extra vitamins and fibre that your kitty needs to stay healthy
◉ Mix some tuna juice into the cat food mixture before you cook it. This works great if you are trying to get rid of some old tuna because your kitty will love it.
◉ Add a little bit of meat broth to the cat food mixture after taking it out of the oven for extra moisture and flavour.
◉ Try using turkey baby food instead of ground turkey or use both together for an even tastier dish that your feline friend is sure to love
◉ Give your cat some cooked turkey cat food first without any additional ingredients. This allows you to see its true reaction to the recipe, and you can slowly start adding things in little by little until they are hooked on it!
How To Make Homemade Wet Cat Food?
Making homemade, diy wet cat food is a great way to provide your cat with a healthy and nutritious meal while controlling the ingredients’ quality.
Here’s a simple recipe for making homemade wet cat food:
- 1 pound of ground meat (chicken, turkey, beef, or lamb)
- 1 cup of cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 1 cup of vegetables (e.g. carrots, green beans, peas, or pumpkin)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil or fish oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley
1. Cook the ground meat in a skillet over medium heat until browned. Drain off any excess fat.
2. Cook the brown rice or quinoa according to package instructions.
3. Cook the vegetables in boiling water for 5-7 minutes or until tender.
4. Combine the cooked meat, rice, quinoa, and vegetables in a large mixing bowl.
5. Add the olive or fish oil and dried parsley to the mixing bowl and stir to combine.
6. Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
7. Puree the mixture in a food processor or blender until it reaches a smooth consistency. Add water as needed to achieve the desired consistency.
8. Serve the homemade wet cat food immediately or store it in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Note: Always consult your veterinarian before making significant changes to your cat’s diet. It’s important to ensure that your cat receives all the necessary nutrients in the correct proportions.
Hand Mixer Electric Mixing Bowls Set
Is turkey cat food good for cats?
This recipe has been created from healthy ingredients that are safe for cats and include their basic nutritional needs.
Turkey is a great protein source, the building block for bones, muscles, cartilage, and skin in an adult cat. Fibre is necessary for intestinal health and digestion.
The carbohydrates in rice flour provide energy. Vegetable broth is a source of vitamins and minerals. You can also add some veggies into the recipe for even more healthy ingredients to help your kitty stay strong and happy.
Is turkey cat food nutritious?
Turkey is packed with protein, which is crucial to cats because they need it for energy and muscle mass.
They do not have an adequate amount of the enzyme taurine, which is naturally found in meat, so it is crucial to supplement this nutrient.
If your cat does not get enough taurine during their life, including when they are young until adulthood, it could cause heart disease and other problems.
There are many brands of cat wet food recipes out there that have taurine added, including the brand you used to make this recipe.
If your cat is eating a balanced diet containing various types of meat and supplements, they will get what they need from this turkey fresh cat food recipe.
Is turkey easily digestible for cats?
Yes, turkey is very easy to digest compared to other meats that are high in protein. This makes it a great option for cats who do not process their food very well.
How do I prepare ground turkey for my cat?
The ground turkey you used to make this recipe should be fully cooked already, but if there is a chance that it isn’t, then you need to cook it fully before serving it for safety reasons. This means baking the turkey until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Is turkey better for cats than chicken?
Yes, turkey is better for cats than chicken and other types of meat. It contains less protein and lower amounts of fat. Turkey also has fewer calories and is easier to digest, making it a great option for older or sick cats who may not be processing their food anymore.
Can I feed my cat this recipe too?
Yes, this recipe is safe for humans to eat as well. However, you do not need to prepare this dish for yourself or your family if you have already made it for your cat, saving time and money!
Is turkey meat good for pregnant cats?
Turkey is a great source of protein that all cats need. Cats about to give birth or are nursing their young need additional amounts of protein to supply them with the energy they need to care for their kittens. Your cat will be getting plenty of this nutrient by eating turkey, which is healthy and safe for pregnant cats.
Can I make a turkey cat food recipe without ground turkey?
Yes, you can replace ground turkey with cooked chicken or beef, which are also great protein sources. Just be sure to cook these meats fully before serving them to your cart!
The Bottom Line
If you’re looking for a low-cost, easy-to-prepare Turkey cat food recipe that has all the nutrients your feline friend needs, then this may be just what you need. Give it a try!
Hi there! My name is Koushik; I am a cat lover. I specialize in writing about pet care & food. I have a wealth of knowledge on cat food niches and related subjects. I have worked in the pet industry for over 5 years and am passionate about helping cat owners provide the best care for their furry friends. With knowledge of cat food and nutrition, I aim to share their insights and help cat owners navigate the world of cat food niches. I enjoy playing with my two cats, reading, and exploring new cat food brands in my free time.