Cat raw food diet recipe I will show you how to make a cat raw food diet recipe.
Raw cat food recipes are very simple. You can make a cat raw food diet recipe with ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
There are many raw cat food ingredients in the market, some of which you may not know what they are.
If you want to make a straight cat raw food diet recipe, see the list of ingredients on my website.
Make raw recipes with as little preparation time as possible. For example, if you have to go shopping for new materials. So let’s do it now.
Table of Contents
How to make a Cat raw food diet recipe?
Preparation Time: 20 min
Mixing Time: 10 min
Servings: 4 cups
Ingredients for Cat raw food diet recipe:
- 737g (1 pound, 10 oz) boneless protein, e.g., chicken, turkey, kangaroo, beef, etc.
- 85g (3 oz) heart
- 45g (1.6 oz) liver
- 45g (1.6 oz) kidney
- 1 tsp (6.1g) finely ground eggshell powder OR 26 capsules of Calcium Hydroxyapatite (freeze-dried bone)
- 7 capsules of 500mg salmon oil
- 1/2 tsp vitamin supplement
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Salt to taste.
Instructions for Cat raw food diet recipe:
1. Put all the ingredients into a blender and mix until you get a smooth paste.
2. Put the paste into a bowl (so it does not get too dry), cover, and allow to set for about 15 minutes.
3. Put the paste into a bowl, add the egg yolk, honey, vinegar, and necessary salt, and mix well.
4. Put the paste back into the bowl, and refrigerate until ready to serve (at least two hours).
5. Serve cat fresh with fresh vegetables or in raw food diet recipes.
1. The vitamin supplement is for adult cats, and a kitten vitamin supplement is for kittens. Use a Multivitamin with taurine, vitamin B12, and Vitamin D3 (not to exceed 1000 IU per day).
2. If you like your cat’s raw food diet recipes runnier, add a little water, one teaspoon at a time.
3. If you are going to use eggshell powder for the first time, I advise you to omit it and first use 26 capsules of calcium hydroxyapatite.
4. The optimum ratio between protein and organ meat is about 70% protein, 20% heart and liver, 10% kidney.
5. The egg yolk is for vitamin A and coat gloss.
6. The vinegar is for acidity.
7. Do not use salt if the meat is already salted.
8. Use 550mg capsules instead of 500mg capsules if the meat is not very lean.
9. Make a fresh batch every 2-3 days, or store it in the refrigerator (at least 24 hours).
Nutrition Facts of Cat raw food diet recipe
5 Amazing Health Benefits of Cat raw food diet recipe
1. Cat raw food diet recipe helps prevent hairballs
Because of their unique physiology, cats are prone to develop hairballs from their eating habits.
Hair tends to get lodged in the gastrointestinal tract and can form hairballs, which are then regurgitated or excreted.
Regularly consuming cat raw food diet recipes reduces the risk of hairball formation and even helps them pass through the digestive tract.
2. Cat raw food diet recipe aids in weight control
Cats are notorious for being overweight more than many other pets. This is because cats are more likely to eat fast than dogs, which makes them more likely to overeat.
Cats are also less active than dogs and, thus, can get fat if fed the wrong dog food. Cat raw food diet recipes help these felines lose weight and stay fit.
3. Cat raw food diet recipe reduces the risk of diabetes
Most fresh meats are rich in protein and very low in carbohydrates. Plenty of research proves that a low carbohydrate diet helps prevent diabetes by maintaining stable glucose levels.
Feeding cats with cat raw food recipes helps them maintain an ideal diet low in carbohydrates, which helps protect them from diabetes.
4. Cat raw food diet recipe improves eyesight and prevents blindness
A study published in the Journal of Nutrition showed a reduction in cataracts by giving cats who were diabetic a supplement of lutein (available from sources such as green leafy vegetables, egg yolks, and avocado.
5. Cat raw food diet recipe improves kidney and liver function
Eating a proper diet is essential for maintaining good kidney and liver function in cats.
Cats are very susceptible to developing kidney disease and hepatic lipidosis, which affect their kidneys and liver.
Feeding cats with a cat raw food diet recipe helps protect them from chronic diseases by providing them with the nutrients they require for good health (and longevity).
How much raw food should a cat eat daily?
The amount of raw food you give a cat depends on its calorie requirement.
The general guideline is to feed your cat about 10% of its ideal body weight in calories for optimum health.
So, for example, if your cat weighs 10 lbs, then you would multiply 10 by 0.1 to get 1 lb (450g), which is the daily amount of food you should give your cat.
Some cats need a bit more than others, but it’s better to be safe than sorry — too much can lead to obesity.
Do cats live longer on raw diet?
Yes, as a matter of fact, cats have been known to live as much as 12-13 years old on a 100% raw diet.
This is because cats have a unique physiology that allows them to focus on their diet and not worry about eating raw meats, unlike dogs.
Hence, cats can get all the nutrients they need from their raw food diet.
Does cat digestion process raw foods?
As there is nothing to worry about, cats usually do not have any problems digesting a 100% raw diet.
So, all of the wonderful benefits of this cat raw food diet recipe can certainly make your domestic feline happier and healthier.
As long as you teach your cat how to eat a proper raw diet and give it the necessary nutrients needed for its body type, life expectancy, and health conditions, then you will be helping it stay happy, healthy, and strong for a long time.
I hope this raw food diet recipe helped you make your cat’s life happier, healthier, and stronger. If you liked this article about the raw food diet for cats, please share it with your friends and family on social media by clicking the sharing buttons below.
Hi there! My name is Koushik; I am a cat lover. I specialize in writing about pet care & food. I have a wealth of knowledge on cat food niches and related subjects. I have worked in the pet industry for over 5 years and am passionate about helping cat owners provide the best care for their furry friends. With knowledge of cat food and nutrition, I aim to share their insights and help cat owners navigate the world of cat food niches. I enjoy playing with my two cats, reading, and exploring new cat food brands in my free time.